Putka “the antibiotic honey from Bhutan” | Raw & organic, 25ml
Stingless bee honey, also known as the Mother Medicine, can be twice as nutritious as regular honey. It has a tangy, sour, and sweet taste with a unique aroma.
Due to their small size, stingless bee honey Melipona can retrieve more nectars residing deeper in the floral nectaries, and researchers believe it contains much more nutrients than regular honey. The stingless Melipona bees forage the forests in Bhutan between 700msl to 1500msl. Each stingless beehive is capable of producing approximately 700 grams of honey. They are much smaller in size as compared to the usual yellow and black honeybees; about three to five millimeters in size, and a slimmer body structure.
In the rural areas of Bhutan, farmers depend on the Melipona bees to pollinate and increase the yield of their crops. Moreover, fertilized and pesticides are not permitted to be used in Bhutan. Bhutanese farmers leave at least around 35% of the honey for the bee colony to ensure the purity and sustainability of the yield.
The honey is harvested mainly during the mandarin orange season that is around November till January every year.
What are the properties of Putka Honey?
- This honey contains many vitamins and minerals, among which is propolis, produced from the bee’s saliva mixed with its food such as pollen, bark, tree shoots, and flowers.
- High levels of Propolis contain Phenolic, flavonoids and cinnamic acid derivatives.
- The honey contains all 16 amino acids, glucose, vitamin A, B, D and E, bio flavonoids, and minerals
- produced by Lokchina Gewog, Chukha Dzongkhag
- 25 ml glass bottles with sealed cap
- labeled and branded under OGOP
About the producer
"OGOP aims to support economic development & increase community products by mobilizing all avaliable resources in order to promote grassroots community by adding more value to products made with local wisdom, tradition, culture & the community's resources which make them unique products"- The Queen's Project (Bhutan)