Wild Olive Pickle
Olives are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, some of which are added during processing. This fruit’s beneficial compounds include:
- Vitamin E. High-fat plant foods usually contain high amounts of this powerful antioxidant.
- Iron. Black olives are a good source of iron, which is important for your red blood cells to transport oxygen.
- Copper. This essential mineral is often lacking in the typical Western diet. Copper deficiency may increase your risk of heart disease.
- Calcium. The most abundant mineral in your body, calcium is essential for bone, muscle, and nerve function.
- Sodium. Most olives contain high amounts of sodium since they’re packaged in brine or saltwater.
"OGOP aims to support economic development & increase community products by mobilizing all available resources in order to promote grassroots community by adding more value to products made with local wisdom, tradition, culture & the community's resources which make them unique products"- The Queen's Project (Bhutan)