Woven Pencil bag
100% hand-crafted fabric with traditional silk motifs.
The fabric used: Silk on cotton fabric; Yathra weave (wool)
Available in different sizes, colours & designs (with or without motifs)
We also offer:
SABAH Bhutan was established with funding from the SAARC Development Fund as a part of the project Strengthening Livelihood Initiatives of the Home Based Workers in the SAARC Region. SABAH Bhutan is registered as a Public Benefit Organization with the Civil Society Organization Authority of Bhutan.
The main objectives are:
- To promote the welfare of the Home Based Workers;
- To facilitate, promote and provide guidance for the enhancement of the skills of the Home Based Workers and thereby revive the traditional and cultural heritage of traditional art, skills and designs;
- To provide facilities through various activities of SABAH for the generation of employment and income of the women Home Based Workers;
- To facilitate and promote, through participatory initiative, the marketing of the products of the Home Based Workers, thereby ensuring sustained, adequate and secured livelihood;
- To provide a platform for product marketing and facilitation of product initiative and research; and
- To generate awareness and recognition of the work of these Home Based Workers
SABAH Bhutan is currently supporting more than 974 Home Based Workers throughout the country in 8 clusters. They have provided training to more than 200 beneficiaries, both within the country & in India. Women have been exposed to improved & better production facilities and also taught basic business management & entrepreneurial skills. The beneficiaries are now also able to take up tailoring services, after availing many months of training in India. SABAH Bhutan now supports regular income generation on a monthly basis to more than 50 women.