Bhutan Green Tea
- Technical Details
Bhutan green tea is a product of a small community in Samdrupcholing village in organically grown, handpicked and processed in the pristine environment of high Himalayas and is the only green tea from Bhutan.
The tea plant was originally planted around the Samdrupcholing palace during the reign of the second king of Bhutan which was used to produce local tea leaves. However, its cultivation was neglected until 2009, it was reviewed and planted for green tea production and has been the greatest gift to the community of samdrupchoing from the second kin. Its production is aimed at enhancing the livelihood of economically disadvantaged farmers of Samdrupcholing village.
- Boil water and cool it down to 70-80 degrees Celcius for 3-5 minutes
- Put one small teaspoon of green tea in the teapot
- add or reduce next time if you feel its too strong or light
- add 250 ml of water (70-80 degrees) in a cup containing green tea and keep it covered for 2-3 minutes before drinking
- you can steam the same tea for 2-3 times
We also offer Bhutan Agarwood Tea, Tea gift pack, Dhuetsi Herbal Tea, Himalayan gooseberry tsheringma tea, mint tea, scoby tea, ginger tea, ginger turmeric tea, seaberry tea, cordyceps tea, and saffron tea.
- Dimensions (LxWXH): 10x10x10
- Weight: 85g
- Unfermented leaves of Camelia Sinensis
OGOP aims to support economic development & increase community products by mobilizing all avaliable resources in order to promote grassroots community by adding more value to products made with local wisdom, tradition, culture & the community's resources which make them unique products"-The Queen's Project(Bhutan)